Check out our recipes for our Cooking Club program happening today!
Chia Pudding Parfaits
2 Cans of light coconut milk
2 TB powdered sugar, honey or maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup chia seeds
4 cups sliced strawberries
4 cups blueberries
4 cup raspberries
- Stir together coconut milk, sugar (or honey, syrup), vanilla, and seeds. Set aside in refrigerator for at least ½ hour (or overnight).
- Divide the strawberries and blueberries and place into all of the cups. Top with several spoonfulls for chia pudding. Top each cup with remaining berries.
Asian Sesame Cucumber Salad
5-6 cucumbers, chilled (English style, or Hothouse)
4-6 large carrots
5-6 tsp salt
6 TB rice vinegar
3 TB fresh lime juice (1 – 1.5 Limes)
8 TB of honey, to taste (or syrup, agave, etc)
3 tsp toasted sesame oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste (Optional!)
2-3 TB Toasted Sesame Seeds
3 Scallions, sliced
5 TB fresh cilantro
- Spiralize cucumbers and carrots and place “zoodles” in a strainer, toss with salt to let drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, lime, honey, oil, red pepper and sesame seeds.
- Dry and pat the “zoodles.” Place in a bowl and add the dressing. Garnish with cilantro and seeds
Broccoli Apple Salad
4 heads of broccoli, chopped into small florets
4 apples, chopped
½ cup diced red (or white) onion
2/3 cup slivered almonds (or other nut of choice)
½ cup sunflower seeds (optional)
1 cup dried cranberries/raisins
1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup light mayo
4 TB apple cider vinegar
4 TB honey
1 TB sugar (optional)
2 TB lemon juice
4 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- OPTIONAL: Blanch the broccoli and allow to cool and dry completely.
- Combine broccoli, apples, onion, nuts, seeds and cranberries in a big bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix together all ingredients for the dressing.
- Drizzle dressing over the broccoli salad and toss.
- Let sit to combine all flavors.
Baked Chicken Meatballs with Garlic Sauce
2 lbs. of lean ground chicken
½ cup panko crumbs
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 TB yellow onion, finely chopped,
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt/ pepper to taste
6 cloves of garlic
½ tsp salt
2 TB fresh dill, chopped + more for garnish
2 Cups non-fat plain yogurt
2 TB of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F. Grease baking dish and set aside.
- Mix together chicken, panko, garlic, onion and spices.
- Create 1 ½ inch balls with the meat. Make for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While Meatballs are baking, combine garlic, salt, dill, yogurt and EVOO and mix well.
- Serve meatballs in a serving bowl with sauce on top and garnished with extra dill.